- Raptor Fest
- The Eagle’s Nest
- #PhotoSafari: For The Birds
- The West Coast
- Any Fog is Good Fog
- Doing It Yourself
- University Video Essays
- #PHOTOSAFARI: Pacific National Exhibition 2012
- Photosafari: Sasquatch! 2012
- That’s All Folks!
- One Small Space
- Riverside teaser-trailer
- “We’ll do it live…”
- Making a promotional video for a reality-TV show about making a horror flick…
- Federal Funding Cuts for the Renfrew Moon Festival
- Seattle Remembers 9/11
- My Local Online Scammer is Actually a Plagiarist…
- Dollar down, oil up, That's the way we like to fuck. #cndpoli 4 hours ago
- @gritzmore I thought normies were the hipsters, now. 6 hours ago
- @Clarkbs Here's to the good times! https://t.co/Q6yzJSDljF 6 hours ago
- @carolmoson @ElJefeStewart @FoxNews Are... Are you setting yourself up? *incompetent 11 hours ago
- @maximus_HI @kip_fletcher @FoxNews Very basic questions. 12 hours ago
Word Cloud100.5 FM The Peak Afghanistan Against Me! animals B.C. Liberals B.C. Supreme Court Bill Tieleman Bill Vander Zalm birds Black Mountain Bountiful British Columbia Burnaby camping Canada Canucks CBSC CHOZ-FM Clearbrook Entertainment comment COSCO Das Racist Dire Straits eagle education Facebook Fight the HST FLDS Foo Fighters George Gordon Campbell government Hannah Georgas HST Indie-rock Joel Ross Matthew J. Van Deventer Mitchell Black MLB Money for Nothing Music news photography photos Police politics Polygamy Prisoners Reifel Bird Sanctuary Sam Roberts Band Sasquatch Sasquatch 2011 Sasquatch Music Festival Seattle social network Spring Summer The Biltmore The Chase The Flaming Lips The Gorge The Peak The Peak Performance Artists The RedRoom the thermals This is Good Vancouver Vancouver-Point Grey Vancouver music Vancouver Public Library VPD Washington WestCoast Pop Concert Series Westham Island Wolf Parade
Tag Archives: Reifel Bird Sanctuary
I just bought a lens off Craigslist and I have never been happier with my photographing future.
It’s the AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm 1:4.5-5.6 VR and I love what I can do with this thing.
I only spent an hour at the Reifel Bird Sanctuary on Westham Island west of Ladner, B.C.
I’ve got a feeling I’ll be spending more time at the local nature parks and bird sanctuaries.
People are serious about bird photography. I walked past a handful of people with huge Canon and Nikon lenses. I thought it was a little excessive but at the same time I wanted to go bigger too.
At the moment, I think the 70-300mm will be just fine.